Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Up top is one of the recent releases called Chris Casual (300 per 3 tone pack 1950 for all 39) hair and hat combo from MADesigns that I think just about any man can get into. The hat can be set to three positions and there are a wealth of tones available to choose from. Each tone is a very fair price for a slight three tone hair variation and the option of three different colors for the included hat. All and all a nice little package for looking your best.
As a top for this outfit I choose one of the many many versions of the Whippet & Buck Mark Long Sleeve Henley (60L per color or 900L for 16 color packs) shown here in peach.
I could not believe just how many colors of this were available (there were a total of 32) and at a very low price each for the quality of each shirt.
The three buttons are nice looking and well detailed and the texture of the overall top looks soft to the touch with a pronounced grid grain much like that of a long john night shirt. Pick a color out today and I promise you won't regret it.
Another very well matched item available while shopping at Whippet & Buck are the Harris Tartan (150L per tone or 1200 for all 8) shorts shown here in West Coast. There are four tartan versions and four tones of a more slack like looking short. The textures all look realistic on whichever you choose.
I found the prims to work well and there are both a large and small verison available so that you should be able to fit a good variety of avatar sizes in and may even fit the thinner female population of the grid.
To put a final cap on this outfit I chose to go with the Kalnins Earthshine (500L) sandal which as you can see has a very well detailed texture and an unusual and unique design different from any other sandal I have seen all summer.
Since every piece of the sandal is available for editing in the easily scripted hud you can make a ton of different various color combos and your own personal look to finish of just about any and every summer outfit you could think of. It is very hard to match this sort of quality with this amount of options in all the grid.
SLUrls and Other Credits
MADesigns - http://slurl.com/secondlife/Kmadd%20Enterprise/187/42/78
Whippet & Buck - http://slurl.com/secondlife/Imogen/63/231/25
Kalnins Footwear - http://slurl.com/secondlife/Fusion%20Crossing/220/45/24
Sunglasses - Kalinins Sunglasses - Cool J v.62
Skin - Damiani Fashion Design - Liam Full Beard Eyeliner Tan
Monday, July 27, 2009
1. Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot
2. Atlas Sound w/ Noah Lennox - Walkabout
3. Wild Beasts - Hooting & Howling
4. Wheat - I Met A Girl
5. Gutsies - Surfer Body
6. Skywave - Adore
7. Gene Clark - Elevator Operator
8. Hunx & His Punx - Hey Rocky
9. Intelligence - Moody Tower
10. Flight - Flowers
11. Band Of Skulls - Bomb
12. The Libertines - What Katie Did
13. I'm Turning Into - I'm Going
14. Jay Reatard - Wounded
15. Earthmen And Strangers - Bartender
16. Dan Koshute - Double Dip
17. Dinosaur Jr. - Pieces
18. Cheap Time - Back To School
19. Fungi Girls - Pacifica Nostalgia
20. Teenage Cool Kids - Foreign Lands
21. Throw Me The Statue - Hi-Fi Goon
22. Frantic Clam - Fort Worthless
23. The Feeling - You're So Vain
24. Free Energy - Free Energy
25. Ra Ra Riot - Run My Mouth (RAC Mix)
26. Mr. Little Jeans - Angel
27. White Lies - Death (Chase & Status Mix)
28. Firs - Destroyer Of Worlds
29. Ye Olde Maids - Cocoa Cherubs
30. The Flaming Lips - Silver Trembling Hands
31. Graffiti Island - Mountain Man
32. Pearl Harbor - Sunburn
33. Django Django - Love's Dart
34. That Ghost - All Winter
35. My Morning Jacket - Rocket Man
36. The Beatles - You Never Give Me Your Money
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Friday, July 24, 2009
When I came home for my 2am lunch hour things had just kicked off and there were plenty of great sights and beautiful people hanging out to have a look and take advantage of the limited and preview releases available.
As you can see from my quickly taken photos OMGWTF Barbecue did not just toy around with making some unique and creative designs available for you to rush in and get your hands on.
The prices are amazing for the quality of work and if you saw my post yesterday I suspect that each of the female items will all impress that get down there and snag them all up. Two tops and two dresses all easily affordable and ready to wear.
Vintage McMillan's Epoque line showcased the other half of the limited sale releases and pieced together from both you could easily walk away with an entire fresh and fashionable outfit.
As you can see there are some new pieces of jewelry available each with stylish appeal and a careful attention to each detail and creativity in the pieces design. A nice variety to choose from will make it simple to walk away with at least one new piece for your collection.
Another suprise promo release that you can feast your eyes on while there are the Promo Heels to highlight the upcoming Epoque shoe line.
They have a nice shaping and a good looking texture that makes me wonder if we males may be lucky enough to get a release or two once the full range of shoes are placed on the racks. There are two versions of the release available at the sale in simple yet perfect black and white and both come with the same creative reversed texturing.
Join either group for This Is A Fawn or Epoque to be given the exclusive LM
This Is A Fawn - http://slurl.com/secondlife/Horst/14/202/25
Epoque - http://slurl.com/secondlife/Eugene/79/174/25
Thursday, July 23, 2009
First up some great recently released Honig Glasses (150L) from Gritty Kitty. They come scripted with a great variety of tinted lenses perfect for photo taking as you can get the reflection of say a city or simply browsing for porno shown in them.
Another even newer then new item that was recently dropped to me from none other then OMGWTF Barbecue of This Is A Fawn is this very comfy looking Ira sweater.
The texture is smooth and simple and not only does it seem very realistic it was all completely drawn by hand. I can't give many details on this item just yet as it is only the beta version and many variations in color or options may be added or removed before the proper release. As far as I know this may be included in the secret sale coming up soon for group subscribo members.
The new Ransom Standard Jeans are from a shop I recently stumbled upon after viewing Trevor Turner's blog.
The shop is called Chinese Takeout and if you rush in there today everything is on sale for only 50L but the sale will end on the 24th so time is fleeting. There are a nice variety of this jean ripped or not as well as some great tops to be found and all at the great low price. The cuffs are nice and large and are easy to fit over whichever shoe you may wear as well as only needing simple light tinting to match up nicely.
A shoe I honestly did not get nearly enough use out of but wish I had was the Urban Bomb Unit Drunks. It is not that I had something against the product. It has tons of variations embedded in the scripts to make many great combinations in any way you see fit.
It was that for me I just couldn't wear them with a lot of my favorite pants without them wanting to peek through the cuffs or having to high water them up and distort the look of the pants. However if this is not a problem for you this shoe will provide tons of bang for your buck.
SLUrls and Other Credits
Gritty Kitty - http://slurl.com/secondlife/Koreshan/44/83/25
This Is A Fawn - http://slurl.com/secondlife/Horst/16/203/25
Chinese Takeout - http://slurl.com/secondlife/Dailey/80/132/33
Urban Bomb Unit - http://slurl.com/secondlife/Kahmiya%20Cove/225/205/25
Skin - Damiani Fashion Designs - Liam - Full Beard Eyeliner Tan
Hair - Uncle Web - Hibiki - Black
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
The hair today is from Uncleweb and I have to be honest, I didn't originally get that into this shop but there are a really a nice variety of new looking styles for men like Stewart (210L per tone) there and it grew on me over time as I took a chance and saw how they worked with my avatar. Have a look they may look great on you as well.
A shop that will definately be getting it's own feature soon is the new and as far as I know relatively unknown Nu given to us by Nuit Wonder.
On a morning shopping jaunt not long ago I was pushed into his store by one Miabella Foxley who said it was the place to be for the fashionable male. Since then he has added to his collection and she couldn't have been more right. This Cuffs Shirt (180L per color) shown in GrapeDot is of the finest quality as are the rest of the clothing there. Go, Look, Now!
Another shop that is an absolute must see is Whippet & Buck. To say the least there is a nice variety of clothing available for men. Very nice tops and bottoms are available and if the quality of them are any sign of the future I see many other must have male items coming out there soon.
Shown here are the Boyd Dress Trousers (140L per tone) in Outer Space and they are one of the most realistic textured pair of slacks I have seen on the grid. Nothing on the racks will dissapoint and the prices are fair so go crazy.
A fun little treat I wound up stumbling on while perusing possible locations for the current Starlust Photo Contest was this hip little Chug-a-lug mug (150L) from END.
If you know me, you know I do enjoy a good cup (2-3 pots) of coffee a day and so this well made and scripted cup was a no brainer to acompany through the grid while shopping. It has six available textures included as well as the option for tea, coffee, or a nice dark black coffee as well as resize to fit any of your caffiene needs.
SLUrls And Other Credits
Uncleweb - http://slurl.com/secondlife/Yamashita/80/99/506
NU - http://slurl.com/secondlife/Brackish/138/153/331
Whippet & Buck - http://slurl.com/secondlife/Imogen/63/231/25
END - http://slurl.com/secondlife/South%Sunset/104/225/1252
Skin - Damiani Fashion Designs - Liam - Clean Eyeliner Tan
Monday, July 20, 2009
Sunday, July 19, 2009
1. Noah And The Whale - Blue Skies (Yacht Mix)
2. Lily Allen - The Fear (Duke Dumont Mix)
3. JJ - Ecstacy
4. Imogen Heap - Hide And Seek (Enigma Mix)
5. TV On The Radio - Red Dress (Glitch Mix)
6. Bombay Bicycle Club - Dust On The Ground (Tanlines Mix)
7. The Phenomenal Handclap Band - You'll Disappear
8. Teengirl Fantasy - Portofino
9. WhoMadeWho - Keep Me In My Plane
10. Baron Von Luxxury - Y Control
11. Suburban Kids With Biblical Names - Loop Duplicate My Heart
12. Discovery - Can You Discover?
13. Alan Wilkis - Snuggle Up To Nail Down
14. Passion Pit - The Reeling (Calvin Harris Mix)
15. Holy Ghost - I Will Come Back (Classixx Mix)
16. Miami Horror - Make You Mine (Fred Falke Mix)
17. Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks (Fred Falke Mix)
18. The XX - Basic Space (Pariah Mix)
19. Aether - Anywhere
20. KIT - Animals
21. Jack Penate - Tonight's Today (TLGB Mix)
22. Zambri - Easier (Does It Offend You Yeah? Mix)
23. Au Revoir Simone - Young Turks (The Disco Pusher Mix)
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
There are a nice selection of clothing items for both men and women spread around her new nautical themed shop as well as some hand made art to help spice up wherever you may live as well as a couple of new releases for the ladies.
The build is a ship being attacked by a sea monster and there a nice amount of rest areas and photo ops. Whether you have an urge to be tangled in a tentacle or just relaxing with a glass of wine in an inner tube there is plenty of shopping and fun to be had here as well as some fun shots for the current Starlust photo contest going on right this moment.
She also took the time to add in one of everyone's favorite attractions. While being the usual run of the mill board based on the first letter of your name the items inside are actual various items from the shop itself.
This Is A Fawn - http://slurl.com/secondlife/Horst/16/203/25
1. One For The Team - Garden
2. JJ - From Africa To Malaga
3. Avner - Bed For Mig
4. Yppah - Gumball Machine Weekend
5. We Plants Are Happy Plants - Apollo
6. Salem - It's Only You (Part II)
7. The Nightgowns - Cosmic Clancy
8. Alan Wilkis - Snuggle Up To Nail Down
9. Passion Pit - Moth's Wings
10. Discovery - Carby
11. Junior Boys - What It's For
12. Wave Machines - Keep The Lights On
13. Fan Death - Goodbye Horses
14. Neon Indian - 6669 (I Don't Know If You Know)
15. Little Dragon - Blinking Pigs
16. Toro Y Moi - Blessa
17. Black Moth Super Rainbow - Gold Splatter
18. Random Patterns - Oh No, I'm Bold Again
19. Spiritualized - Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space
20. The Big Pink - Velvet (Gang Gang Dance Mix)
21. Kilgore Trout Is Dead - Leave Me Alone
22. Little Big Adventure - Happiest Times
23. The Rest - Walk On Water
24. Scott Walker - 30 Century Man
25. Bobb Trimble - One Minute In Heaven
26. No One & The Nobodies - Right On, Fire
27. Jason Lytle - Yours Truly, The Commuter
28. Twiggy Frostbite - Thrown In Two
29. The Awkward Stage - Skeletal Blonde
30. Real Estate - Fake Blues
31. Barzin - Soft Summer Girls
32. Girls - Solitude
33. The Leisure Society - We Were Wasted
Sunday, July 5, 2009
1.Ganglians - Voodoo
2. Endiamonds - Absence
3. JJ - From Africa To Malaga
4. White Denim - Sex Prayer
5. Lee Fields & The Expressions - Ladies
6. The Roots ft Erykah Badu - I Wanna Be Where You Are
7. Geto Boys - Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
8. David Bowie and Queen - Under Pressure
9. Nazareth - Morning Dew
10. ABC - The Night Rance Murdered Love
11. Cymbals Eat Guitars - Wind Phoenix
12. Say Hi - Hallie And Henry
13. Brendan Benson - Feel Like Taking You Home
14. Holiday Shores - Edge Of Our Lives
15. Slaraffenland - Away
16. Faux Hoax - Your Friends Will Carry You Home
17. NeoBoys - Richman's Dream
18. Summer Cats - Hey You, It's Me (Oh My)
19. Friendly Foes - Full Moon Morning
20. The Lampshades - My Boyfriend's Band
21. Generationals - When They Fight They Fight
22. The Shackles - Broken Arm
23. Spoon - Got Nuffin
24. Cold War Kids - Red Wine, Success!
25. The Soft Pack - Bright Side
26. Thin Lizzy - Romeo And The Lonely Girl
27. Cold Cave - Life Magazine
28. The Who - Shout And Shimmy
29. Led Zepplin - Communication Breakdown
30. Janis Joplin - Down On Me
31. The Kinks - She's Got Everything
32. Spiral Beach - Domino
33. Japanther - The Dirge
34. Screaming Females - Electric Pilgrim
35. Eat Skull - Heaven's Stranger
36. Pavement - Spit On A Stranger
37. The National - All The Wine
38. Pearl Harbor - Lost @ Sea
39. Elephant Stone - How Long
40. Portugal, The Man - The Woods
41. Blanche - Little Amber Bottles
42. Lucky Soul - Ain't Never Been Cool
43. Girls - Solitude
44. Bobb Trimble - One Mile From Heaven
45. Milberg - It Was The End
1. Flashmen And Sewing Pattern - As The Night Rolls On (Guitar Edit)
2. Brassica - The Centre
3. Death To The Throne - New M.I.A. Song
4. Glasser - Lessons Learned (YACHT Mix)
5. Flosstradamus ft Caroline Polachek - Big Bills
6. Youngbloodz - Don't Start No Shit (Kleever Mix)
7. Dead Prez - Hip Hop (Diplo Mix)
8. Frankmusik - Better Of As Two (Kissy Sell Out Mix)
9. The Hours - The Light (Calvin Harris Mix)
10. Holy Ghost - I Will Come Back
11. Bachelorette - Mindwarp
12. Neon Indian - Terminally Chill
13. Gunstar - The Dream Machine
14. Jean Moustache - My Best Friend Is A Salmon
15. Natalie Portman's Shaved Head - Me And Yr Daughter
16. Lost Valentinos - Thief (Shinichi Osawa Mix)
17. Jason Sparks - The One Eyed Man (Lars Moston Mix)
18. Naive New Beaters - Get Love (Blamma Blamma Mix)
19. Memory Tapes - Bicycle
20. The Flaming Lips - Yeah Yeah Yeah Song (The Twelves Mix)
21. Bag Raiders - Shooting Stars
22. Danger Mouse & Sparklehorse - Jaykub
23. Moto Boy - Young Love (Regina Mix)
24. Deastro - Spritle
25. Discovery - Carby
26. The Big Pink - Velvet